Monday, January 11, 2016

Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time!


So there is only one time in the whole year we get together as a whole
entire mission and that's the Christmas conference! It is the best.
It's all day and we just sing and eat and watch movies.

Here is the one and only perfect Mortensen family.






So many wonderful amazing things this week. First, last Tuesday I got
to go on exchanges to my fist area in the mission, bear creek. It was
the best. I got to see some of my converts and member friends. The
first picture on here is of a this girl that I found with hermana
coley in March. She was baptized in June and she is going to go on a
mission! She is so excited, and so am I! The next picture is of the
Alcaraz family. The first investigator family that I ever taught on my
mission. They were so excited to see me. I surprised them! The
daughters and mom are baptized, but we still have to work with the dad
and the boys to be baptized so one day they can be sealed! Wednesday
was the Christmas conference and I sent a separate email for that.
Then on Thursday we had a Christmas Eve dinner with my mission mom,
Claudia Alvarez and her friends and family. She has known me my whole
mission and is always taking care of me. I love her like my own
mother! So much food. We ate so much, 3 dinners. Then on Friday,
Christmas, we had district meeting, the picture with the tree. But
most importantly I got to skype with my FAMILY! Yay😄 it was wonderful
to see them. I got to see Vince who was skyping in from Japan, and I
meet my brotherinlaw for the first time..I was skyping outside to get
wifi and it was so hot I was sweating. It was 85degress. On Christmas!
I was jealous of the snow back home. But I am also grateful that I
don't have to tract in that. And we ate with a white family on
Christmas from the English ward and they gave us a complete American
meal and it was the best day of my life, I almost cried.
Then on Saturday, we had the baptism of Efrain! He is a little boy
that the hermanas had been teaching. I only got to teach him a couple
times but he's cute.

This week I am ponderizing 2 Nefi 10:23

Feliz año nuevo!







No comments:

Post a Comment