Monday, March 16, 2015

Time flies when...

....you go on exchanges everyday of your life. I was super excited to get Hna. Coley as my companion because she's awesome but i never get to see her because we are always on exchanges! Im being selfish, because i know other hermanas really need her too. So this transfer is going by way too fast! I hope we get another one togther. 

This past week I got a St. Patricks day package from Gia, my moms friend. Shes amazing! she also sent me some cool black and white pictures of my mom in high school when she did rodeo. She looks so cool! I going to treasure those pictures.

This last week I have gained a testimony about our mission statement here. it is,
Our discipleship is settled. We are faithfully prepared, exactly obedient, and loving bold. We will see miracles and accomplish our missionary purpose as we unite with the lord in hastening his work. We are the Texas Houston Mission."
 I have learned this past week that when we are not obedient, the Lord cannot help us and we do not receive His blessings. I know as I do the Lords work correctly, he will then help me. I know when my investigators are not keeping their commitments, the blame lands on me. I wish I could be a better missionary for my investigators so they can know the importance of this restored everlasting gospel. I am so grateful for the Savior's atonement, he has already overcame my imperfections and through Him i can become better, more Christ-like, and obtain heavenly strength to teach God's children. 

This sunday we had the temple tour and i got to take my little boys that are getting baptized on the 28th. i have been teaching them since december. they had so many questions and were so great. they look black but they are really just from honduras, they are really dark skinned people there.

from left
Issac is 10 (he loves me)
Samir is 12 
Claudio is 11

in the next picture, the big kid is Derek he is their friend that started listening to the lessons with them and he is super smart and so interested! the first lesson he said he wanted to be baptized. but his mom will not let him:( please pray that his mom has a change of heart so he can be baptized too!



1 comment:

  1. Your blog is amazing!! :)) You are a great writer who obviously has a passion for what they are writing about! I would appreciate it if you would check out my blog and let me know what you think in a comment on a post you like! I would love to have a talented writers input! Keep up the great work!!!
    -Wanderlust Rach <3

    ReplyDelete