Sunday, May 15, 2016

Acts 20:24

This weekend was the best/worst. 😊☹ too many mixed emotions. So
Saturday morning we went to the Pulga and got some Hispanic things.
The lady there selling the stuff loved that me and Sherbaby looked
like Barbie twins and could speak Spanish so she gave me a discount💁
#twinningiswinning #blondesdoitbetter then the Barreras came down from
Conroe to visit me and took us out to lunch! They are my family:) I
love them. Then we ran around a couple other places saying goodbye and
in the night we had a party for the homecoming of Elder Nuñez! He
served in Honduras and he is legit and his family is the best. He just
got home this Wednesday and he's not awkward at all so he gives me
hope☺️ Saturday night, me and Sherbaby didn't sleep a WINK. Literally.
Their was so much to do but those hours were the best hours of my
whole mission. We just talked about our moms. And we read moms poem,
I'm just right here, and bawled like babies all night long. 💔😭
On Sunday I got to speak in church with the return missionary, Jared
Nuñez ha. It was like dejavu of when me and sister. He gave his
homecoming talk and I gave a going away talk haha. I spoke about
angels watching over us and helping us. I shared. Quote by Jeffery R.
Holland: "My beloved brothers and sisters, I testify of angels, both
the heavenly and the mortal kind. In doing so I am testifying that God
never leaves us alone, never leaves us unaided in the challenges that
we face. And always there are those angels who come and go all around
us, seen and unseen, known and unknown, mortal and immortal." I know
my mom has helped me my whole mission. And I also know God has sent me
mortal angles to help me too, like all the wonderful members I've met
who have taken me in and would do anything for me. And other
missionaries, especially Hermana Sheirbon. I literally cannot imagine
my life with out her. She is my other half.
After church we had Eva's baptism and it was so cute. Let me just give
a little background on the Davila family. They are HUGE in the Spanish
stake here. Everybody knows them. So one of the grandkids got baptized
so basically the whole stake was there, no big deal. I really wanted
to get a picture with the whole family but I didn't get a chance:( we
were running around crazy! But when I come back to visit I will, it is
my goal! Then after the baptism we had to go to the stake center for
the missionary fireside. I have been waiting for this fireside for
MONTHS. I love the missionary firesides so much. And this one was
going to be all the Spanish missionaries and the last time I had to
say good bye to them. And Francisco, our recent concert was speaking!
But something terrible happened. It starting raining really hard, and
we were afraid they were going to cancel it. So me and Sherbaby prayed
con toda nuerstra fuerza that the rain would stop so we could have the
fireside, and it did! The church is true. It was an amazing night and
Franciscos talk was so good! I got to see lots of friends. But it was
really sad because I hate saying goodbyes☹😭
The subject of this email, Acts 20:24 is Paul speaking at the end of
his ministry. He had gone through so many hard things and trials and
this is what he says, "24 But none of these things move me, neither
count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course
with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus,
to testify the gospel of the grace of God."
This is exactly how I feel. My life means nothing to me without Jesus
Christ. I am so grateful for the wonderful opportunity I had to
represent my brother and savior everyday for 552 days and to testify
of his gospel and grace, and I finish my course with joy☺️💟

Las fotos:
Barrerasssss
Cristian
Nuñez family
Eva's baptism!
Ricardo❤️
Conroe friends
Missionary homies

TWINNING IS WINNING 💟👯👭👸🏼👸🏼









No comments:

Post a Comment