Friday, August 28, 2015

Sister Training Leader

new area, new companion, new calling. omg.

i have so much to say i dont even know where to start.. so last monday night i got called by my zone leaders saying i was the new STL.. total surprise. i literally dont understand. i only have 9 months and there is so many other sisters that have more time than me that could be it. My leader said that is why im going all the way out to conroe, because somebody needs me over there in the woods. 

so conroe is the complete opposite as my last area. i was like downtown in the city, now im out in the country. our area is huge it covers like three towns. one of the towns is literally called, "Cut n' Shoot"  you cant get more texas than that. and the ward is farely small. but the members are cool. and our apartment is like supppper nice. 

so yall know i dont get sick very often, but i do when im stressed. so right for transfers i got strep throat and super sick. and its freaking summer. who gets sick in august? so that was rough..

my new companion is Hermana Chrsitensen. she is the best ever. she is from boise idaho. and she is crazy just like me! she has 6 months in the mish. and she is just the hardest worker ever. and always is happy. she keeps me on track. her last companion her wasnt the best missionary and they had a really hard time so she always is saying she is super blessed to have me but i think its the other way around!

so our area is a serious struggle. president told me that in my last two areas i had the best numbers of the mission, so he hopes i can do the same for conroe. hahahahahaha. the last missionary that was here was kinda disobedient and so the area is like dead. we are building from the ground up and starting from scratch. so we dont really have any investigators right now but we are doing a lot of finding! its really hard, and hot. but we are seeing the fruits of our labors and many miracles and blessings already. slowly but surley the work will pick up with a lot of help from the Lord!

i had the first of many leadership meetings this past week with president. it was really good. i asked him why i was called and just said, "hermana lowry, you're just a leader. its who you are" ha i blame my dad and mom. im nervous, but excited for this new calling and challenge from the Lord. 

so im missing the love from home,, i feel like ive been out for so long now everyone has forgotten about me:( i hope all is well and expect some letters and packages soon! :)
1900 West View Blv. #526
Conroe Texas 77304

P.S. so a family that me and hermana coley found it bear creek, my first area, like 6 months ago, just got baptized this saturday! no effort is wasted:) pic attached.

1. view from my apartment
2. new comp
3. the family that was baptized





No comments:

Post a Comment