Monday, April 13, 2015

New area and companion

I LOVE MY NEW AREA AND MY NEW COMPANION AND EVERYTHING IS WONDERFUL:)

So there is so much that happened this last week I don't even know where to begin. Well first off, last Monday was my last day in Bear Creek so I had to say bye to all my investigators:( it was super sad. I have pictures but I'll just have Loni put them on my blog so I don't have to send them to all yall.
And then Tuesday was transfers! I was so nervous, it was my first one! And you just have no clue where you are going. Well I got sent to a whole different stake of my mission. My area is Gulf Bank. Its more like down town in Houston. And it is pure Hispanics:) Its literally like you're in Mexico, everything is in Spanish! I promise you I am the only White person around. Including my companion because she is from Honduras!! I was so happy to get a Hispanic companion, its what I was praying for. All I wanted was a Hispanic companion to help me with my Spanish. I'm going to be speaking fluent soon!

So we have had so many miracles happen this week! My first day we went to our English class. And it is huge. And also, they are not all Hispanics! There are two from Ukraine, one from Russia and one from Iran. So I cant just explain things en Spanish, I have to like try to draw pictures and use my hands a lot. Also I basically teach the class by myself because my companion is Hispanic, she knows some English but with an accent so yeah. I love it. Also there is a ton of part-member families here. Which are just awesome, much easier to teach then contact investigators. 
On Wednesday we were contacting in a hispanic apartment complex and there was a family outside having a barbecue for a birthday and they invited us to come eat with them, we actually didn't have dinner planned so we were like, sure why not, they were having some carne azada. We starting talking with them about who we are and what we do. They actually have a lot of questions and are really interested about the true gospel! so we are going to start teaching them, family of 7:) Im super excited.
On Friday we went to visit a less active lady in the ward and her two grandkids were there who are not members, we taught them and they said they want to go to church and be baptized! so that was cool, but we just need permission from there mom, who is also less active:/ 
On Saturday we found some old investigators, a family, that hadn't been taught in a long time and we started teaching them again and they are awesome. From Columbia, so almost impossible to understand them because they speak horrible Spanish.
Yesterday, they had a recent convert get confirmed, Jessica, and we will going with her to the temple soon for baptisms! Also yesterday we had another temple tour, we have them once a month, and we brought this member and her husband who is not a member. He has been attending church for three years and not baptized! He knows like everything about the church but he just doesn't feel "ready" for baptism. I want to slap him. But President Mortensen talked to him and he is very powerful so he will probably be getting baptized soon.
But the greatest milargro happened last night, we were contacting in a trailer park(sketchy) and we were talking to a family and I wanted to hold there cute tiny puppy. so I sat my scriptures down on their porch, and I left them there! but I didn't remember doing that. we left and went contacting and visited some other people and when I finally realized I didn't have them, I had no clue where I left them. I was dying of anxiety. I wanted to cry. we back the members house we visited but they weren't there. i was praying in my heart and then Hna. Diaz said that I might of sat them down when i was holding that puppy. and I was like YES. that is exactly what i did. but the the area was a really poor sketchy area and i afraid that they would be gone or stolen or something. we went back to the house and they were not on the porch but i knocked on the door and the family had kept them safe for me in the house! i was so happy. 

This past week I have gained a very strong testimony that the Lord answers prayers! And promise me y'all will never go inactive because its just a pain in the butt and stupid:) Love you all!!

My new address:
Hermana Lowry
12655 Kuykendahl Rd. #6102
Houston, TX 77090










No comments:

Post a Comment